Friday, November 21, 2008

Radius Fill Corners Update

I have gotten some feedback from the Paint.NET addin that I recently created. Most of the feedback has been positive, except for strange results occuring when a large radius is selected. This issue is related to how the code determines how to color each pixel for the image. Basically my calculations fall apart if the radius greater than a quarter of the height or width of the image. I knew this would be an issue, but decided not to restrict the radius size because I did not want to limit users who were working with large images.

I now realize that it is better to restrict the radius, but base it on the current image's size. This way you should always get the desired results.

Here are updated links:
source code
addin dll

2 comments:

Disambiguator said...

Thank you for this plugin! Hugely helpful.

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for this very useful tool. I am using it to prepare pictures for a presentation that I will give at a job interview. It will help to make the pictures look great!